By J.D. Gordon
If you believe the cost of an education is exorbitant, then consider the price you pay to learn some of the crucial lessons life teaches.
- If it seems painstakingly difficult to achieve unity then consider the price you pay for not working together as one body.
- If you believe loving is difficult, consider the price you pay for falling in love with the wrong person.
- If you find it difficult to exercise a little patience, consider the price you pay for your impatience.
- If the cost of being caring and thoughtful to your fellow man is too burdensome for you, then consider the price of loneliness and inconsideration
- If the sweat of achieving your goals and dreams are much too much, then consider the price of feeling like your life has been a total failure
- If you think that slavery has been abolished, over and done with, then you must consider the price we are still paying for being shackled by our own minds
- Even though you may think that some persons are just not worth talking to because of their shortcomings and you are better off without them, please consider the price they pay for not having you in their life
- If you think it is expensive to dial seven digits just to say ‘Hi’, then consider the price you pay for not spending time with those who matters most to you and it is now to late
- If you believe it is too time consuming to eat right and exercise, then consider the price of regaining your health once you have mishandled it
- And if you still believe there is not much to do with your life and you can do what ever, whenever; then, consider my friend, the price you will pay when the Giver of life calls for your life account.
- We all go through life craving things and stuff, but not just for the sake of having them; We like the feeling of owning or possessing certain things. We like the attention it brings to us and our own feelings of accomplishment and security. Whatever the reason, what is certain is that we want a house, a car, an education for the benefits and the experience they bring. We crave a certain experience, be it emotional, spiritual or intellectual. But, oh the price we pay.